GUIDELINES for GIRLS:
Required green SA logo polo style shirt (from either vendor) which is to be worn on all field trips (PK – 4th) and white Oxford style button down shirt with SA logo for all field trips (5th – 8th).
- Tops - polo style and turtle necks, Peter Pan blouses, navy blue, white, light yellow and green-all shirts with the SA logo.
- Tops for jumpers can include white peter pan blouses without logo.
Girls’ shorts, skort, and skirt length should be no shorter than 3 inches above the back of the knee.
- Khaki or navy bottoms – pants, shorts, skirts or skorts from either vendor (no cargo type pants).
- Dennis SA plaid bottoms - skirts or culotte skorts.
- Jumpers - Khaki or navy, from either vendor Land’s End or Dennis SA Plaid (no logo).
- Polo style dress navy blue or green - with SA logo.
- Girls may wear tights or knee socks (solid navy blue or white which are plain with no decoration).
- Ankle or tennis style socks should be white.
GUIDELINES for BOYS:
- Required green SA logo polo style shirt (from either vendor) which is to be worn on all field trips (PK – 4th) and white Oxford style button down shirt with SA logo for all field trips (5th – 8th).
- Tops - Polo style and turtlenecks can be navy blue, white, light yellow or green-all with the SA logo; Oxford button down white logo shirts may be worn, but are not mandatory.
- Khaki or navy bottoms–uniform pants or shorts from either vendor (no cargo type pants).
In addition, the following regulations apply to all students:
1. Shirttails must be tucked in.
2. All clothing must be properly fitting at all times.
3. Belts must be worn with pants or shorts with belt loops.
4. Belts must be black or brown leather.
5. Socks must be worn and visible above the anklebone.
6. Tennis shoes are to be worn on physical education class days. (No slip-on tennis shoes)
7. No flip-flops, sandals, high heels, open toed shoes, boots or clogs are allowed.
8. No hats are allowed (except on “Hat Day” or outside).
9. Girls wearing makeup must be tasteful and not extreme. Boys may not wear earrings.
10. Extreme hairstyles are not allowed. Hair may not obstruct the eyes.
11. Girls’ shorts, skort, and skirt length should be no shorter than 3 inches above the back of the knee. Be sure to measure the hemline several times during the year. If in doubt, don’t wear it.
12. T-shirts worn under uniform shirts must be solid white. The t-shirt sleeves should not be visible.
13. Jewelry or other accessories that can be distracting to the wearer or other students is not allowed.
14. Unusual or new styles that occur will be addressed on an individual basis.
15. For INSIDE wear, as part of the school uniform, students may wear: Dennis Uniform navy blue or green fleece jacket with school logo, sweatshirt with school logo, or SA plaid monogram; Land’s End navy blue or green fleece jacket or vest with school logo, or sweatshirt with school logo. Other choices are a solid color navy blue sweater or sweater vest with logo from either vendor. Sweatshirts must have the school logo crest or SA plaid and should be worn over a collared or turtleneck garment.
16. Sweaters may be cardigan, crew, or vest styles.
17. For OUTSIDE wear, students may wear any appropriate coat, sweater, hat, or sweatshirt.
18. Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts may wear their scout uniform only on the last meeting day of each month.
Consequences for being out of uniform include use of the conduct system and contact with parents. Students are expected to arrive at school in compliance with all aspects of the dress code. T-shirt days, logo shirt days, sweatshirt days, and/or jeans days will remain in effect as scheduled.
The directors of the lower and middle schools make the final determination whether a child is compliant with these regulations. Appeals may be heard by the headmaster.
Amended 04.17.14 STJ, approved by the Board of Trustees 04.17.14